5 new, simple methods to donate to NYCSR with your everyday shopping needs
Love Shibas? Love shopping? Well NYC Shiba Rescue, Inc. (NYCSR) has the perfect way to combine your passions. Through new partnerships with five exciting websites, NYCSR supporters can now help raise money for the rescue while getting back a little something in return.
In addition to making a direct donation or shopping at the existing merchandise portion of the NYCSR website, Shiba lovers can now help support the rescue by simply shopping or searching via the following sites:
- www.goodsearch.com – The search engine with a unique social mission. Powered by Yahoo!, GoodSearch guarantees great search results, and each time you search, GoodSearch makes a donation to NYCSR. Just be sure to choose your charity before you start searching and GoodSearch does the rest.
- www.goodshop.com – This new online marketplace donates a percentage of your purchases to NYCSR. With the option to choose from hundreds of popular merchants, the experience of shopping through GoodShop is exactly the same as going directly to the retailer’s websites. Tip: If you’ve chosen your charity on GoodSearch it will carry over to GoodShop, and vice versa.
- www.igive.com – is the Internet’s first shopping mall where purchases benefit the shopper’s favorite cause. Searching or shopping via iGive.com means a donation to NYCSR. A penny or more per search, a $5 bonus for your first purchase and up to 26% of your purchases at over 730 stores like Amazon, eBay, Travelocity, Home Depot, Lands’ End, and many, many more. Don’t forget to designate NYCSR as your cause when you sign up!
- www.helpingudders.com – A great online resource for all your Shiba and other breed needs, Helping Udders is like your dog’s personal shopper. 10% – 50% of every sale from the site goes to support NYC Shiba Rescue. Through July 31st, NYCSR will earn a double donation when you shop if you use code “MOOLAH” at check out!
- www.muddypawcoffee.com/fundr_NYCSR – Being run ragged by your lovely little Shiba devil? Muddy Paws Coffee can provide the perfect pick me up to get you going for that early morning walk. The best part is that NYC Shiba Rescue gets $2 for every pound of coffee purchased!
Also, in recognition of their generous support and donations, NYCSR encourages supporters to patronize online dog retailer SitStay.com for top quality dog supplies.
Why Support NYCSR?
NYCSR is an all volunteer non-profit organization, relying solely on adoption fees, net sales of merchandise, and donations to fulfill our mission. Adoption fees will usually cover most of our basic expenses, such as transportation costs, quality dog food, ID tags, leashes, collars, and routine vet bills. However, when expenses such as cancer treatments, surgeries, heartworm treatments, long-term vet boarding, or special training are factored into the equation… well, there’s just no way we could do all of that without donations from our supporters. We also put donated funds towards our public education program, which is extremely important in helping to stem the tide of dogs needing rescue in the future!
NYCSR has rescued 82 Shiba Inus, with 67 of those having been placed in loving, forever homes so far. Every dog deserves the chance to live the good life and we do our best to give that chance to every Shiba Inu that we possibly can. Please make a contribution to help us help the Shibas.
About NYC Shiba Rescue, Inc.
NYC Shiba Rescue (NYCSR) is an all volunteer group dedicated to contributing to the quality of life of Shiba Inus in and around the New York City metropolitan area. To that end, NYCSR actively works to rescue Shiba Inus and Shiba Inu mixed breed dogs from dangerous environments and shelters in order to find them loving, permanent homes. We will, among other things, foster and evaluate Shiba Inus in order to prepare them for adoption and seek out proper adoptive homes for the dogs. NYCSR also promotes responsible dog ownership by educating the public in the selection, care and training of dogs.
NYC Shiba Rescue, Inc. was founded in April 2007. NYCSR is incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation under the Not-for-Profit corporation law of New York State and is a federal 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
You can also download the print version of this email.