These are all dogs currently under our care, listed according to their status:
- still haven’t found a good match
- read their profiles and see if you could be the “perfect forever home”
In Foster-To-Adopt Homes
- may be at their forever homes;
- read about the foster-to-adopt program;
- if the foster family decides this is not a good match, the dog will be then listed as available
- a great matching family has already been found;
- adoption is not final until the contract is signed;
- in case the adoptions falls through, the dog will be then listed as available
Our foster dogs receive full veterinary care and any health issue is addressed as recommended by a doctor. They receive (or update) vaccines and are given heartworm and flea prevention treatments. Intact dogs are neutered/spayed as soon as possible after intake.
We evaluate temperament before accepting any dog. After the dog has settled into foster care another temperament evaluation is performed. Our fosters are tested with other dogs, people, kids, and, whenever possible, cats. If any unforeseen temperament issues are uncovered, we consult a professional trainer for advice. Socialization will continue throughout foster care and basic obedience will also be started or reinforced.
NYCSR discloses all medical and behavioral issues with potential adopters.
Hi, my name is Hiro
I am a 10.5 year old Male
Hiro is showing some anxiety in his new environment. Has been easygoing otherwise once he gets to know his people and is shown love, structure and support! He's a handsome gent that needs a savvy family and he will give a ton of love back.
•I get along with some dogs - I'm selective with my doggy friends:)
•I have not been introduced to other cats yet
•I like some kids, but small kids scare me
•I love all people!
•I'm adaptable - I can live anywhere!