Steps To Surrender A Shiba
NYCSR is not a shelter. There is no physical location where one can bring a Shiba to. Shiba under our care live in foster homes until they find their forever-homes.
The intake process takes time because we need to find an available and suitable foster home. This is an overview of the process:
- First, fill the contact form providing as much information as you can.
- The Intake Director will then contact you and, depending on an initial assessment, ask that you fill a formal release document.
- Based on the document you submitted, the board decides to conduct an evaluation of the Shiba.
- With the profile built upon the information from the surrendering owner, the release form and the evaluation, if the board approves the Shiba for intake, NYCSR seeks a suitable foster home.
- When a foster home is found, NYCSR finalizes the transfer.